Like us on
Visit the GRRB Facebook page!

About Us
Settlement Area
Wildlife Studies Fund
Hunting & Trapping in the GSA
Wildlife Species
Planning Wildlife Research?
GRRB Wildlife Projects
Wildlife Management
Traditional Knowledge
Applications & Forms
Contact Us
Co-Management Partners
Gwich'in Harvest Study
Public Registry

Hunting and Trapping in the Gwich’in Settlement Area

Hunting and trapping in the GSA are subject to terms and conditions in accordance with the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement.  The Wildlife Harvest Section from the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement states:

Non-beneficiaries must ask permission before hunting on private lands within the GSA.  Persons wishing to hunt moose in a Special Harvesting Area are required to obtain permission from the local Renewable Resource Council (RRC). 

For permission to hunt on private lands in the GSA, contact:

The Gwich'in Tribal Council (Gwich'in Land Administration Office) in Inuvik at 867-777-7913 or the applicable RRC:

  • Ehditat (Aklavik) 867-978-2340
  • Tetlit (Fort McPherson) 867-952-2330
  • Nihtat (Inuvik) 867-777-6652
  • Gwichya (Tsiigehtchic) 867-953-3603

For further information on sport hunting in the GSA, contact the local
Renewable Resource Officer in Inuvik at 867-678-6650, or consult:

Wildlife Division, Department of Environment and Natural Resources, GNWT

Wildlife Harvesting and Management, Section 12 of the
Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement

Young Arctic Fox

Young Arctic Fox



Gwich'in Renewable Resources Board