Hunting and trapping in the GSA are subject to terms and conditions in accordance with the Gwich’in Comprehensive Land Claim Agreement (GCLCA).  The Wildlife Harvest Section from the GCLCA states:

Persons who are not participants must ask permission before hunting on private lands within the GSA.  Persons wishing to hunt moose in a Special Harvesting Area are required to obtain permission from the local Renewable Resource Council (RRC). 

For permission to hunt on private lands in the GSA, contact the Gwich’in Tribal Council (Gwich’in Land Administration Office) in Inuvik at 867-777-7913 or the applicable Renewable Resource Council.